USS ENTERPRISE C
Wow! Would have to say that this is my favorite from the Trilogy. The band is pulling out all the stops. Christian's playing is front and center. Love Braxton Cook's sax and Lawrence Fields piano too! Stephen J. Gladney blows off the roof on Cages. Love it!
Favorite track: Ashes of Our Forever.
Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah is the best contemporary trumpeter-composer I know of. I've been following his work since 2006 and the release of Rewind That. The Emancipation Procrastination gracefully ends The Centennial Trilogy. Christian reshapes what jazz means and the addition of the wonderful Elena Pinderhugues to the band allowed Christian to express his full potential and the potential of his fellow musicians. The Centennial Trilogy is nothing short of a masterpiece.
Produced by Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah & Chris Dunn
Executive Producers: Christian Scot aTunde Adjuah & Louis Marks
Recorded April 16-21, 2016 by Matt Grondin & Nick Guttmann at The Parlor, New Orleans, LA
Mixed by Nick Guttmann at The Parlor, New Orleans, LA
Mastered by Paul Blakemore, Cleveland, OH
Creative Direction (Album Art) - Kiel Adrian Scott & Kevin Kedroe
Art Direction - Kevin Kedrue & Allan Cole
Photography - Kiel Adrian Scott
Package Design - Kevin Kedroe
All songs written by Christian Scott
- "In The Beginning" written by Weedie Braimah
- "Videotape" written by Philip James Selway, Colin Charles Greenwood, Edward John O'Brien, Jonathan Richard Guy Greenwood, Thomas Edward Yorke
- "Gerrymandering Game" written by Christian Scott, Lawrence Fields, Cliff Hynes
- "Cages" written by Christian Scott, Lawrence Fields
- "New Heroes" written by Christian Scott, Lawrence Fields